Spring Roasted Salmon Salmon
Posted on April 2, 2013 by Webdev
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon shallots, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon gf dijon mustard
- 6 Tablespoons top quality extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 5 ounces asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 1-1/2″ lengths
- 1 pound red potatoes, sliced 1/4″ thick
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 5 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds salmon filet
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/2 pound mixed salad greens
- 1 teaspoon shallots, minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil, thinly sliced
In a bowl, whisk together red wine vinegar, lemon juice, shallots, rosemary, dijon and olive oil, until emulsified. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
Roast bell pepper under broiler as close to heating element as possible until charred all over.
Transfer pepper to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let the pepper steam for 15 minutes. Remove pepper and peel off blackened skins; discard stems, ribs and seeds. Cut pepper into 1″ pieces. Set aside.
Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add asparagus and blanch for 2-3 minutes or until just tender. Remove with a slotted spoon (retaining water in pan), and plunge asparagus into ice cold water. Let sit for 1 minute then drain and set aside.
Place potatoes in water used for asparagus. Return water to a boil. Boil potatoes until just tender, about 5-8 minutes. Drain and transfer to a plate.
In a medium skillet heat 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and sauté until softened, about
3 minutes. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Transfer to a bowl.
Preheat oven to 500°F.
Lay salmon, skin side down, on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Season salmon with thyme, fennel seeds, celery seeds, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle remaining 1/2 teaspoon olive oil over salmon. Roast salmon for 8-10 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork. Run a spatula between skin and flesh of salmon. Flake salmon into large chunks.
In a large salad bowl, combine mixed salad greens with asparagus, mushrooms, roasted peppers, potatoes, shallots and fresh basil. Add 1/3 the vinaigrette and toss.
Arrange salad on salad plates and top with salmon. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette.
Weekly Newsletter Signup Important Information About Gluten-Free Recipes About Glutenfreeda
For Customer Service please contact Glutenfreeda.com at (970) 319-0382
Problems logging in or technical assistance, e-mail the webmaster