Marinated Steak Salad with Mixed Greens & Gorgonzola
Posted on April 2, 2013 by Webdev
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 shallot, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 flank steak
- 6-8 cups mixed greens
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 4 (1/4-inch thick) slices of red onion, separated into rings
- 3 Tablespoons gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a food processor combine sun-dried tomatoes, 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, shallot, garlic,
1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Process until smooth.
Lay flank steak flat in a baking dish. Cover with marinade. Turn steak so both sides are evenly coated with marinade.
Cover baking dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
Remove steak from marinade and let come to room temperature.
Meanwhile, prepare a grill.
Grill steak for 12 minutes, turning halfway through.
Transfer steak to a cutting board and tent with foil to keep warm.
In a small bowl, whisk 3 tablespoons olive oil with 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar until mixture emulsifies. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
In a large bowl, toss greens with 1/2 the dressing, tomatoes, and onions. Taste salad and add more dressing if needed.
Slice steak against grain into thin strips.
To serve: divide greens among 4 salad plates and top with several slices of grilled steak. Sprinkle gorgonzola over top.
Weekly Newsletter Signup Important Information About Gluten-Free Recipes About Glutenfreeda
For Customer Service please contact Glutenfreeda.com at (970) 319-0382
Problems logging in or technical assistance, e-mail the webmaster