Quick Black Bean Soup
Posted on March 5, 2013 by Webdev
- Two 15 ounce cans no-salt-added black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup salsa or Pico de Gallo
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 16 ounces gf chicken stock
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 5 tablespoons gf low-fat sour cream
- 5 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 2-1/2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
In a medium saucepan combine beans and liquid; partially mashing beans with a potato masher. Place over high heat; stir in salsa, chili powder, and broth. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
Ladle soup into bowls; top with cheese, sour cream, onions, and cilantro.
This recipe can be multiplied. Accompany with gf salsa and gf chips.
Weekly Newsletter Signup Important Information About Gluten-Free Recipes About Glutenfreeda
For Customer Service please contact Glutenfreeda.com at (970) 319-0382
Problems logging in or technical assistance, e-mail the webmaster