Chicken & Tortilla Soup
Posted on March 5, 2013 by Webdev
- 4 cups gf chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup gf salsa
- 1/2 cup cooked Spanish rice, plain rice *optional
- 1 avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 corn tortillas, cut into 1/2″ slices
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to broil. Place tortillas strips on a baking sheet and broil until crisp and lightly browned. Watch carefully as they will burn quickly. Set aside.
Heat a large heavy saucepan and add oil. Saute onions and red pepper until onions are soft. Add broth and remaining ingredients, except avocado and tortilla strips. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer. Simmer until heated through. Pour servings into individual bowls and top with avocado slices and tortilla strips. Serve.
This is a flavorful soup with a touch of spice. We came up with this recipe as a delcious way to use left over chicken. This soup is extra special made with left overs from our Cabo San Lucas Rotisserie Chicken.
Weekly Newsletter Signup Important Information About Gluten-Free Recipes About Glutenfreeda
For Customer Service please contact Glutenfreeda.com at (970) 319-0382
Problems logging in or technical assistance, e-mail the webmaster