>10 Sensational Appetizers for a New Year’s Eve Party
Posted on December 15, 2009 by Glutenfreeda
Planning a menu for a New Year’s Eve Party can sometimes be a little overwhelming, particularly if you are planning on having your guests enter the New Year gluten-free. We’d like to take the pressure off with 10 delicious appetizers — all equally delicious and guaranteed to be a hit with all your guests at your party. Many of these appetizers can be either prepared well in advance or require very little effort and time to prepare right before serving.
Make ahead appetizers:
Smoked Salmon Cheesecake — A delicious cheesecake with smoked salmon and red peppers. Serve with toasted gluten-free crostini or gluten-free crackers.
Shrimp Remoulade — Cocktail shrimp taken to a completely different level. These delicious shrimp are boiled in a brine of lemons, chile peppers, onions, garlic and herbs. The shrimp are served with a slightly spicy, very flavorful remoulade dipping sauce.
Chicken Liver Pâté with Cranberries & Pecans — This might put a few people off but after one taste you will be hooked…even people who think they don’t like chicken liver will love it!
Spinach & Artichoke Dip — A guaranteed hit. A delicious blend of spinach, artichokes and cheese. Perfect when served with gf tortilla chips.
Baked Swiss Chard — An unusual but absolutely wonderful appetizer or first course -perfect for a special occasion. This is one of our all-time favorites!
Sun-Dried Tomato & Pesto Torta — A delicious combination of cream cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and pesto. Perfect for large holiday gatherings. Serve with gf crostini.
Lemon-Ginger Marinated Shrimp — A very quick shrimp appetizer with wonderful flavor. These will go quick so plan accordingly.
Bruschetta with Smoked Salmon & Herbs — A beautiful presentation, not to mention absolutely “yummy” combination, of smoked salmon, roasted garlic, tomatoes on herbs.
Coconut Shrimp — Battered shrimp coated with coconut and fried to perfection!
Mini Beef Fillets with Horseradish Creme Fraiche — A tender beef filet seared and thinly sliced served on top of homemade gf horseradish sauce accompanied by gf crostini. Simple but very tasty!
Hors D’oeuvre Party Planning Tips:
- When hors d’oeuvres are the only food offered at a three-hour party there should be at least 6 different appetizers — figuring 2-3 pieces per person per appetizer.
- To calculate for hors d’oeuvres not in pieces (like pâtés and dips) assume 1 ounce is equal to 1 piece.
- Keep your hors d’oeuvres bit size and tidy — avoid recipes that will be awkward in size or hard to eat
- Create a balance between hot and cold dishes
- If you are planning on having 20-25 guests or more for hors d’oeuvres you must include some of the “bulk” type items in your menu. Otherwise you will find yourself making hundreds of little things.
- For an hors d’oeuvre party where you are not planning on serving a “meal” plan on serving some more substantial items with small plates and forks.
Happy New Year!
Weekly Newsletter Signup Important Information About Gluten-Free Recipes About Glutenfreeda
For Customer Service please contact Glutenfreeda.com at (970) 319-0382
Problems logging in or technical assistance, e-mail the webmaster