>Perfecting GF Coffee Cakes
Posted on May 19, 2009 by Glutenfreeda
A great coffee cake recipe is wonderful to have in your repertoire. Coffee cakes are easy to make and perfect to serve for breakfast, as a snack or for dessert.
Tips for a perfect gluten-free coffee cake:
- Use no more than 2 cups of gluten-free flour.
- We use the Gluten Free Pantry’s Country French Bread Mix as a straight substitution for flour with great results.
- Use 1 teaspoon baking powder AND 1/2 teaspoon baking soda to give your cake lift.
- Use 1/2 cup vegetable oil instead of butter.
- Use 3 large eggs
- Use 1 cup gf yogurt, sour cream or buttermilk
For Crumb Topping:
- Use no more than 2 Tablespoons gf flour in the mixture
- Sprinkle the topping over the top of the cake after 40 minutes of baking, then continue to bake for the remainder of specified time.
Try one of our favorite recipes this month, ‘Cranberry Nut Coffee Cake’ . This coffee cake is truly delicious and will hold its moist texture the next day.
Weekly Newsletter Signup Important Information About Gluten-Free Recipes About Glutenfreeda
For Customer Service please contact Glutenfreeda.com at (970) 319-0382
Problems logging in or technical assistance, e-mail the webmaster