Spring is in the Air
Posted on April 21, 2008 by Glutenfreeda
April brings the beginning of the spring season — a welcome change to many. As the weather warms up, look for some wonderful spring vegetables to liven up your meals. Here are a few delicious vegetables to look for this spring with some general tips on preparation:
- Morel mushrooms — a flavorful mushroom great for sauces
- Garden Peas — steam, stew or purée and use in a delicious spring soup
- Snow Peas — steam or stir fry
- Sugar Snap Peas — steam or stir fry
- Asparagus — tender thin shoots are now available! Steam, blanch, sauté or stir fry.
- Artichokes — roast, steam, boil or pressure cook
Try some of our wonderful recipes using these fresh and delicious vegetables:
Start your dinner off with an appetizer of Roasted Artichokes served with a flavorful Mustard Mayonnaise. Enjoy a colorful Rice Salad with Asparagus & Prosciutto, combining spring asparagus with basil, sweet peppers and salty proscuitto. Spring Vegetable Spaghetti, a wonderful fresh pasta, easy to make and absolutely delicious! Or try the Spring Roasted Salmon Salad, a delicious and hearty salad perfect for lunch or a light dinner.
Weekly Newsletter Signup Important Information About Gluten-Free Recipes About Glutenfreeda
For Customer Service please contact Glutenfreeda.com at (970) 319-0382
Problems logging in or technical assistance, e-mail the webmaster